Friday 23 February 2007

Caught the veg blog bug!

The Winter is drawing to a close. I have been hard at work to prepare a corner of our city garden for our first foray into organic veg growing.

A brief intro is in order for post no.1. Your narrator will be mostly me, Wolfie, a 34 year old (before my time I am told!) husband to, Wolfwoman (37), father to two Wolverines, Emily (3) and Thomas (19months). We live on a busy road just outside the Cathedral quarter of Lincoln.


Tommy at the park

Autumnal Milly

I hope to be able to share my growing successes and failures throughout what will be my first full year in the Corner House garden.

Milly enjoyed pulling the runner beans down at the end of last season and was especially taken with the "magic beans" she found inside the pods, coveting them for days! Tommy was too young but should be sturdy enough on his feet this spring to help out with the magic process!

Wolfwoman is also looking forward to spending some family time in the garden. A huge improvement on rushing out with cups of tea for me on cold winter days and rushing back in to look after the Wolverines!

Please post and say hello - looking forward to "meeting" others bitten by this strange bug!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for visiting my blog wolfie - I have reciprocated the blog link : )

Very pleased to see that I might have had a hand in inspiring someone to create their own veggie growing blog!

Melanie Rimmer said...

Hi Wolfie and welcome to the blogosphere. Thanks for the link, I have reciprocated, and I look forward tor eading about your veggie-growing exploits in the coming season.

Isabella said...

Hi Wolfie - I've just discovered your blog via Melanie's. Like you, I've just started a blog on growing organic vegetables in the city, so I am looking forward to comparing notes.

welsh girls allotment said...

Hello, just discovered your blog, they are addictive, once you've read one you will keep click clicking onto their links and before you know it an hour has gone ! I love the picture of your garden last year and its good to see you have two such willing helpers !!